Main Article Content
Plasma sputtering was used to deposit a layer of carbon from graphite with thicknesses (20 , 54, 63 nm) on a p-type silicon wafer substrates to prepare Si-CNT (Silicon â€“ Carbon Nano Tubes ) junction without any catalyst . It is found that the I-V characteristics of the junction were similar to the diode properties, which gave confirmation that the carbon layer or in other words that carbon nanotubes behaved as an n-type semiconductor. The effect of heat and illumination with light on the I-V characteristics is studied . at different temperature (32 , 40 , 50 and 60 o C) , the I-V characteristics shows clear effect and increase of conductivity with increasing of temperature for certain thickness . Also studied the effect of light on the I-V characteristics show an increase in the flowing current , the effect of both heat and illumination with light are more pronounced for low thickness of the CNT layer .
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
chemical vapor deposition method", Journal of optoelectronics and advanced materials - symposia, Vol. 1, No. 3, p. 281 â€“ 284.
Costa S., E. Borowiak-palen, M. KruszyÅ„ska, A. Bachmatiuk, R. and KaleÅ„czuk , J. (2008) " Characterization of carbon nanotubes by Raman spectroscopy", Materials Science-Poland, Vol. 26, No. 2,pp.433-441.
Fedawy,, Mostafa Fikry, Wael Alhenawy, Adel and Hazem Hassan (2012) "I-V characteristics model for ballistic Single Wall Carbon Nanotube Field Effect Transistors (SW-CNTFET)", IEEE International Conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA).
Mahtani, Pratish (2010)" Optical and Structural Characterization of Amorphous Carbons Films", MSc. thesis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Toronto.
Pierson, Hugh O. (1993) "Handbook of Carbon, Graphite, Diamond and Fullerenes", Park Ridge, New Jersey, U.S.A.
Saito R., (1998)" physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes", Imperial College Press, 203 Electrical Engineering Building, Imperial College, London SW7 2BT.
Seshan, Krishna (2002) "handbook of thin-film deposition processes and techniques", second edition, William Andrew Publishing Norwich, New York, U.S.A., www.williamandrew.com, www.knovel.com.
Uchino, T. Shimpo, F. Kawashima, T. Ayre, G. N. Smith, D. C. de Groot, C. H. and Ashburn, P.
(2013) "Electrical transport properties of isolated carbon nanotube/Si heterojunction Schottky diodes "APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 103, 193111
Uonis, Mohammad M. Mustafa, Bassam M. Ezzat, Anwar M. " The Role of Sputtering Current
on the Optical and Electrical
Properties of Si-C Junction", World Journal of Nano Science and Engineering, 2014, 4, 90-
Zhang, Jin Zhng (2009) "optical properties and spectroscopy of nanomaterials ", World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.5 Toh Tuck Link, Singapore 596224.