Main Article Content
Abstract: The image features play important role in matching system. The effectiveness of these Squid species features depends on the global features. The identification of Squid species requires information of their morphology. Body shape is very useful to characterize the one species to another species. In Shape extraction, edge detection is an important aspect. Edge is an important visual feature and it represents visual information with a limited number of pixels. While considering the morphology of Squid, it can have uncertainty due to climatic conditions. Hence, in this study feature extraction is done by fuzzy edge map. In this paper we proposed Fuzzy Image Edge Image Matching Algorithm (FEIMA) for Squid species identification. Similarity metric is used for matching of query and the candidate images in the database and it finally displays the class of species. The proposed algorithm performance is calculated by using Average of precision and recall.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Anusha J.R., Albin T. Fleming (2014). Cephalopod: Squid Biology, Ecology and Fisheries in Indian waters . International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 1(4): 41-50.
Cephalopod Bionomics. Fisheries And Resources of The Exclusive Economic Zone Of India Edited By : E. G. Silas, June 1985.
Diksha Kurchaniya1, Punit Kumar Johari (2017). Analysis of Different
Similarity Measures in Image Retrieval Based on Texture and Shape. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET). e-ISSN: 2395 -0056, Vol. 04, Issue: 04.
Felicitas Perez-Ornelas, Olivia Mendoza1, Patricia Melin, Juan R. Castro, Antonio Rodriguez-Diaz, Oscar Castillo (2015). Fuzzy Index to Evaluate Edge Detection in Digital Images. PLOS ONE | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0131161, June.
Hiremath P.S, Jagadeesh Pujari (2008). Content based Image Retrieval using color boosted Salient Points and Shape features of an image. International Journal of Image Processing, 2(1): 10-17.
Jun Zhang and Lei Ye (2009). Ranking Method for Optimizing Precision/Recall of Content-Based Image Retrieval. IEEE Digital Xplore, DOI: 10.1109/UIC-ATC.2009.9.
Kenneth H. L. Ho, Noboru Ohnishi (2006). FEDGE - Fuzzy Edge Detection by Fuzzy Categorization and Classification of Edges, DOI: 10.1007/3-540-62474-0_14.
Pooja R Bhat (2017). Content Based Image Retrieval using Shape Features Extracted with Morphological Transformation and Block Truncation Coding. International Journal of Advanced Research in Basic Engineering Sciences and Technology (IJARBEST), ISSN(Online) : 2456-5717, Vol. 3, Special Issue 23.
Shashank Mathur and Anil Ahlawat (2008). Application of fuzzy logic on image edge detection. International Book Series :Information Science and Computing.
Shaveta Malik, Tapas Kumar (2016). Various Edge Detection Techniques on different Categories of Fish. International Journal of Computer Applications, ISSN.0975 â€“ 8887, Vol. 135, No.7.
Tizhoosh,H.R. Fast Fuzzy Edge Detection. IEEE 0-7803-7461-4/02.
Wang Xiaoling and XieKanglin(2005). Application of the fuzzy logic in content-based image retrieval. Journal of Computer Science & Technology, 5.
Xiaogbin Wang, Baokui Li, QingboGeng (2013). Runway Detection and Tracking for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Based on an Improved Canny Edge Detection Algorithm. Signal & Image Processing : An International Journal (SIPIJ), IEEE Digital Xplore, DOI 10.1109/IHMSC.2012.132, Vol.4, No.3.