Main Article Content
Polymer electrolytes consist of polymer matrices with ion transport capabilities and can exist in either a solid or gel state. In both states, the incorporation of plasticizers and fillers will improve the ionic conductivity. Gel polymer electrolytes (GPEs) exhibit ionic conductivity levels remarkably akin to those of liquid electrolytes, owing to the direct solvation of salts within solid polymer electrolytes.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Yamamoto, O., Solid state ionics: a Japan perspective. Science and Technology of advanced MaTerialS, 2017. 18(1): p. 504-527.
Liu, M., et al., A new composite gel polymer electrolyte based on matrix of PEGDA with high ionic conductivity for lithium-ion batteries. Electrochimica Acta, 2020. 354: p. 136622.
Hagfeldt, A., et al., Dye-sensitized solar cells. Chemical reviews, 2010. 110(11): p. 6595-6663.
Arof, A.K., et al., Chitosan-based electrolyte for secondary lithium cells. Journal of materials science, 2001. 36: p. 791-793.
Morni, N. and A. Arof, Chitosan–lithium triflate electrolyte in secondary lithium cells. Journal of power sources, 1999. 77(1): p. 42-48.
Khiar, A., R. Puteh, and A. Arof, Conductivity studies of a chitosan-based polymer electrolyte. Physica B: Condensed Matter, 2006. 373(1): p. 23-27.
Quartarone, E., P. Mustarelli, and A. Magistris, PEO-based composite polymer electrolytes. Solid State Ionics, 1998. 110(1-2): p. 1-14.
Yan, H., et al., High voltage stable cycling of all-solid-state lithium metal batteries enabled by top-down direct fluorinated poly (ethylene oxide)-based electrolytes. Journal of Power Sources, 2023. 557: p. 232559.
Zhou, S., et al., Composition and Structure Design of Poly (vinylidene fluoride)‐Based Solid Polymer Electrolytes for Lithium Batteries. Advanced Functional Materials, 2023. 33(20): p. 2214432.
Moorthy, S., et al., Neoteric advancements in polybenzimidazole based polymer electrolytes for high-temperature proton exchange membrane fuel cells-A versatile review. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2023.
Uktamaliyev, B., et al., Determination of transport properties for polymer electrolytes containing LiTf and MgTf2 salts. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 2023: p. 1-11.
Ramesh, S. and A. Arof, PMMA-LiTFSI based gel polymer electrolyte for lithium-oxygen cell application. Optical Materials, 2021. 120: p. 111418.
Sangwan, B., et al., Ionic liquid incorporated polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) doped with ammonium iodide (NH4I) doped solid polymer electrolyte for energy device. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2022. 49: p. 3306-3309.
Li, Y., et al., A high power density solid electrolyte based on polycaprolactone for high-performance all-solid-state flexible lithium batteries. Electrochimica Acta, 2022. 424: p. 140624.
Ramesh, S. and A.K. Arof, Electrical conductivity studies of polyvinyl chloride-based electrolytes with double salt system. Solid State Ionics, 2000. 136: p. 1197-1200.
Idris, N.K., et al., Ionic conductivity studies of chitosan-based polymer electrolytes doped with adipic acid. Ionics, 2009. 15(5): p. 643-646.
Rajendran, S., R.S. Babu, and M. Usha Rani, Effect of complexing salt on conductivity of PVC/PEO polymer blend electrolytes. Bulletin of Materials Science, 2011. 34: p. 1525-1530.
Feuillade, G. and P. Perche, Ion-conductive macromolecular gels and membranes for solid lithium cells. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 1975. 5: p. 63-69.
Long, M.-C., et al., Thermotolerant and fireproof gel polymer electrolyte toward high-performance and safe lithium-ion battery. Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2022. 65: p. 9-18.
Wang, Y., et al., One-step radiation synthesis of gel polymer electrolytes with high ionic conductivity for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017. 5(24): p. 12393-12399.
Chowdhury, F.I., et al., Electrochemical and structural characterization of polyacrylonitrile (PAN)–based gel polymer electrolytes blended with tetrabutylammonium iodide for possible application in dye-sensitized solar cells. Ionics, 2020. 26(9): p. 4737-4746.
Storck, J.L., et al., Evaluation of novel glycerol/PEO gel polymer electrolytes for non-toxic dye-sensitized solar cells with natural dyes regarding long-term stability and reproducibility. Crystals, 2020. 10(12): p. 1158.
Singh, R., et al., A high thermally stable polyacrylonitrile (PAN)-based gel polymer electrolyte for rechargeable Mg-ion battery. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2020. 31: p. 22912-22925.
Kotobuki, M., Polymer Electrolytes. Polymer Electrolytes: Characterization Techniques and Energy Applications, 2020: p. 1-21.
Sadiq, M., et al., Electrical conductivity and dielectric properties of solid polymer nanocomposite films: Effect of BaTiO3 nanofiller. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020. 32: p. 476-482.
Augustine, R., et al., Cerium oxide nanoparticle-loaded gelatin methacryloyl hydrogel wound-healing patch with free radical scavenging activity. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2020. 7(1): p. 279-290.
Xiao, W., et al., PVA-ZrO2 multilayer composite separator with enhanced electrolyte property and mechanical strength for lithium-ion batteries. Ceramics International, 2020. 46(18): p. 29212-29221.
Ruiz Gómez, E.E., J.H. Mina Hernández, and J.E. Diosa Astaiza, Development of a Chitosan/PVA/TiO2 nanocomposite for application as a solid polymeric electrolyte in fuel cells. Polymers, 2020. 12(8): p. 1691.
Lyu, W., G. He, and T. Liu, PEO‐LITFSI‐SiO2‐SN System Promotes the Application of Polymer Electrolytes in All‐Solid‐State Lithium‐ion Batteries. ChemistryOpen, 2020. 9(6): p. 713-718.
Chan, X.H., et al., Enhanced efficiency in dye-sensitized solar cell based on zinc oxide-modified poly(ethylene oxide) gel electrolyte. Ionics, 2018. 24(4): p. 1221-1226.
Alateyah, A., High-Density Polyethylene Based on Exfoliated Graphite Nanoplatelets/Nano-Magnesium Oxide: An Investigation of Thermal Properties and Morphology. Materials Sciences and Applications, 2019. 10: p. 159-169.
Meera, K. and M.T. Ramesan, Performance of Boehmite Nanoparticles Reinforced Carboxymethyl Chitosan/Polyvinyl Alcohol Blend Nanocomposites Tailored Through Green Synthesis. Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 2022. 31: p. 1-14.
Fu, J., et al., Ion transport in composite polymer electrolytes. Materials Advances, 2022. 3(9): p. 3809-3819.