Main Article Content
The present paper presents the numerical conclusion to solve sixth order initial value ordinary differential equation (ODE). The concept of order conditions for three stage eighth order (RKSD8) & four stage ninth order Runge-Kutta methods (RKSD9) has been derived for finding global truncation error of differential equation The global and local truncated errors norms, zero stability of extended Runge-Kutta method (RK) is well defined and demonstrated with the help of an example.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Abbas F., Abbas Al. Sh.( 2017). Solving initial value problem using Runge-Kutta 6th order method, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 12(13): 3953-3961.
Abdi A., Hojjati G., Izzo G., Jackiewicz Z. (2021). Global error estimation for explicit general linear methods, Numerical Algorithms, doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11075-021-01146-1
Dormand J.R., El-Mikkawy M.E.A., Prince P.J. (1987). Families of runge-kutta-nystrom formulae, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 7: 235-250.
Demba M. A., Ramos H., Kumam P., Watthayu W. (2021). An optimized sixth order explicit RKN method to solve oscillating systems,” Proceedings of the XXVI Congreso de Ecuaciones Diferenciales y Aplicaciones XVI Congreso de Matem´atica Aplicada, Gij on (Asturias), Spain, June 14- 18: 15-22.
Ghawadri N., Senu N., Fawzi F., Ismail F., Ibrahim Z. (2018). Diagonally implicit Runge-Kutta type method for directly solving special fourth order ordinary differential equations with Ill-Posed problem of a beam on elastic foundation, Algorithms, vol. 12: 1-10.
Hatun M., Vatansever F. (2016). Differential equation solver simulator for Runge-Kutta methods, Uludag University Journal of the Faculty of ˘ Engineering, vol. 21(1):145-162.
Huang B., Xiao A., Zhang G. ( 2021). Implicit-explicit runge-kutta-rosenbrock methods with error analysis for nonlinear stiff differential equations, Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 39(4): 569–590.
Islam M. (2015). A Comparative Study on numerical solutions of initial value problems (IVP) for ordinary differential equations (ODE) with Euler and Runge-Kutta methods, American Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 5: 393-404.
Khalid M., Sultana M., Zaidi F. (2014). Numerical solution of sixth-order differential equations arising in astrophysics by neural network, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 107(6):1-6.
Mohamed T., Senu N., Ibrahim Z., Long N.( 2018). Efficient two-derivative Runge-Kutta-Nystrom methods for solving general second-order ordinary differential equations y ′ (x) = f(x, y, y′ ), Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society: 1-10.
Pandey P.( 2018). Solving numerically a sixth order differential equation as coupled finite difference equations approach, MedCrave, vol. 2(6): 1-11.
Sohaib M., Haq S., Mukhtar S., Khan I. (2018). Numerical solution of sixth order boundary-value problems using Legendre wavelet collocation method, Results in Physics, vol. 8: 1204-1208.
Turaci M., Ozis T. (2015). A note on explicit three-derivative Runge-Kutta methods (ThDRK), Bulletin of the International Mathematical Virtual Institute, vol. 5: 65-72.
Turaci M.O. (2021). Two-derivative Runge-Kutta type method with FSAL property, Journal of Modern Technology and Engineering, vol. 6(1):47-52.