Main Article Content
The continuous monitoring system of the photo voltaic solar based energy model is currently highly crucial to monitor the overall performance and other related characteristics of energy solar energy systems from remote locations. For this, data loggers also play a vital role. These technologies are highly important to identify any malfunctions inherent in PV based solar energy systems. The proposed IoT based system is useful to obtain real time data from PV based solar energy systems from remote areas. An Arduino ATMEGA16 microcontroller was used to acquire real time data from the system, which is incorporated with the blynk app to transmit real time data to the destination through a webpage. The proposed system consists of a PV based solar system, Arduino controller board Wi-Fi module and the blynk app, in order obtain and transmit data from any remote location. We have developed a cost effective IoT based Smart monitoring system for PV based solar energy applications to monitor the various characteristics and performance of the system, as well as to carry out preventive maintenance and fault detection.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Aissa Chouder, Santiago Silvestre, Bilal Taghezouit, Engin Karatepe (2013), “Monitoring, modelling and simulation of PV systems using Lab VIEW”, International Journal of Solar energy, Vol.1, pp.337- 349.
Amit Kumar Rohit, Amit Tomar, Anurag Kumar, Saroj Rangnekar (2017), “Virtual lab-based real-time data acquisition, measurement and monitoring platform for solar photovoltaic module", International Journal of Resource-Efficient Technologies, pp.1-6.
Bipin Krishna, Kaustav Sinha (2013), “Tracking of Sun for Solar Panels and Real-Time Monitoring Using Lab VIEW”, Journal of Automation and Control Engineering, Vol. 1, pp.1-4.
Bruno Ando, Salvatore Baglio, Antonio Pistorio (2015), “Sentinella: Smart monitoring of photovoltaic system at panel level”, IEEE Transaction on Instrumentation and measurement, Vol.64, pp.2188-2199.
Haider-e-Karar, Aziz Altaf Khuwaja, Abdul Sattar (2015), "Solar Power Remote Monitoring and Controlling Using Arduino, Lab VIEW and Web browser", IEEE International Conference on Power Generation System and Renewable Energy Technologies, pp.1-4.
Hugo T.C. Pedro, Edwin Lim, Carlos F.M. Coimbra (2018), “A database infrastructure to
Implement real-time solar and wind power generation intra-hour forecasts”, International Journal of Renewable energy, Vol.123, pp.513-525.
Kangkana Hazarikaa, Pradyumna Kumar Choudhurya (2017), “Automatic monitoring of solar photovoltaic (SPV) module", Science direct proceedings, Vol. 4, pp.12606–12609.
N.A. Othman, N.S. Damanhuri, I.R. Ibrahim, R. Radzali, M.N. Mohd (2010), “Automated Monitoring System for Small
Scale Dual-Tariff Solar PV plant in UiTM Pulau Pinang", Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering(WCE) U.K, Vol.2, pp.1-3.
P. Papageorgas, D. Piromalis, K. Antonakoglou, G. Vokas, D. Tseles and K. G. Arvanitis (2013), "Smart Solar Panels: In-situ monitoring of photovoltaic panels based on wired and wireless sensor networks”, International Conference on Advancements in Renewable Energy and Clean Environment, Vol.36,pp.535- 545.
R. Nagalakshmi, B. Kishore Babu, D. Prashanth (2014), “Design and Development of a Remote Monitoring and Maintenance of Solar Plant Supervisory System", International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, Vol.3, pp.9382-9385.
Renata I. S. Pereira, Ivonne M. Dupont, Paulo C. M. Carvalho, Sandro C. S. Juca (2017), " IoT Embedded Linux System based on Raspberry Pi applied to Real-Time Cloud Monitoring of a decentralized Photovoltaic plant", International Journal of measurement ,Vol.2,pp.1-18.
Soham Adhya, Dipak Sara, Abhijit Das, Joydip Jana, Hiranmay Saha (2016), "An IoT Based Smart Solar Photovoltaic Remote Monitoring and Control unit", IEEE International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Energy & Communication (CIEC), pp.432-436.
Vinoth kumar V., Ramasamy R. Janarthanan S, and VasimBabu M (2017), “Implementation of IoT in smart irrigation system using Arduino processor”, International journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, pp. 1304-1314.