Main Article Content
The present paper is contributed for the analysis of system possessing cold standby i.e. active standby redundancy mode. Initially, both similar units are observed to be in operative situation. The inspection procedure for failed units has been introduced who inspect the exact failure and communicate the repairman to repair the exact failed part of unit by replacing with new one with same performance capacity. As the system is following discrete mechanism so the results related to system reliability like MTSF, system availability in operative state, repair failed time are obtained with application of geometric distribution regenerative technique. Graphical analysis had also been workout for analyzing the behaviour of proï¬t function with increasing/decreasing rate of repair mechanism and failure rate.
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Haggag, M.Y., â€œCost Analysis of a System Involving Common Cause Failures and Preventive Maintenanceâ€, J. Math and Stat., Vol. 5(4), pp. 305â€“310, 2009.
Haggag, M.Y., â€œCost analysis of two-dissimilar unit cold standby system with three states and preventive maintenance using linear ï¬rst order diï¬€erential equationsâ€, J. Math and Stat., Vol. 5(4), pp. 395â€“400, 2009.
Agarwal, S.C., Sahani, M., Bansal, S., â€œReliability characteristic of cold-standby redundant systemâ€, International Journal of Recent Research and Applied Studies, Vol. 3(2), pp. 193â€“199, 2010.
Rizwan, S. M., Khurana, V., Taneja, G., â€œReliability Analysis of a Hot Standby Industrial Systemâ€, International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, Vol. 30(3), pp. 315â€“322, 2010.
Gupta, S., Gupta, S.K., â€œStochastic analysis of a reliability model of one-unit system with post inspection, post repair, preventive maintenance and replacementâ€, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, Vol. 2(2), pp. 178â€“ 188, 2013.
Singh, D., Taneja, G., â€œReliability and economic analysis of a power generating system comprising one gas and one steam turbine with random inspectionâ€, Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 10(4), pp. 436â€“442, 2014.
Malhotra, R., Taneja, G., â€œStochastic analysis of a two-unit cold standby system wherein both units may become operative depending upon the demandâ€, Journal of Quality and Reliability Engineering, pp. 1â€“13, 2014.
Kakkar, M. K., Bhatti, J., â€œReliability and proï¬t analysis of standby unit system with correlated life time in an industryâ€, Advance Study in Contemporary Mathematics, Vol. 25(3), pp. 333â€“340, 2015.
Kakkar, M. K., Chitkara, A. K., Bhatti, J., â€œReliability analysis of two-unit parallel repairable industrial systemâ€, Decision Science Letters, Vol. 4, pp. 525â€“536, 2015.
Kakkar, M.K., Chitkara, A.K., Bhatti, J., â€œReliability analysis of two dissimilar parallel unit repairable system with failure during preventive maintenanceâ€, Management Science Letters, Vol. 6, pp. 285-296, 2016.
Kakkar, M.K, Bhatti, J, Malhotra, R., Kaur, M. Goyal, D, Availability Analysis of an Industrial System under the Provision of Replacement of a Unit using Genetic Algorithm, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), Vol. 9, pp. 1236-1241, 2019.
Taj, S.Z., Rizwan, S.M., Alkali, B.M., Harrison, D.K., Taneja, G., â€œProbabilistic modeling and analysis of a cable plant subsystem with priority to repair over preventive maintenanceâ€, I-Managers Journal on Mathematics, Vol. 6(3), pp. 12â€“21, 2017.
Adlakha, N., Taneja, G., Shilpi, â€œReliability and cost-beneï¬t analysis of a two-unit cold standby system used for communication through satellite with assembling and activation timeâ€, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 12(20), pp. 9697â€“9702, 2017.
Bhardwaj, N., Kumar, A., Kumar, S., â€œStochastic analysis of a single unit redundant system with two kinds of failure and repairsâ€, Reï¬‚ections des. ERA-JMS, Vol. 3(2), pp. 115â€“134, 2008.
Bhardwaj, N., â€œAnalysis of two-unit redundant system with imperfect switching and connection timeâ€, International Transactions in Mathematical Sciences and Computer, Vol. 2(2), pp. 195â€“202, 2009.
Bhardwaj, N., Bhatti, J., Parashar, B., Sharma, N., â€œStochastic analysis of standby system with diï¬€erent failureâ€, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 10(35), pp. 27553â€“27563, 2015.
Bhatti, J., Chitkara, A., Kakkar, M., â€œStochastic analysis of parallel system with two discrete failuresâ€, Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, Vol. 9, pp. 257-265, 2014.
Bhatti, J., Chitkara, A., Kakkar, M., â€œStochastic analysis of dis-similar standby system with discrete failureâ€, inspection and replacement policy, Demonstratio Mathematica, Vol. 49(2), pp. 224â€“235, 2016.
Bhardwaj, N., Parashar, B., â€œStochastic Reliability Analysis of Two Identical Cold Standby Units with Geometric Failure and Repair Ratesâ€, Mathematical Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences, Vol. 5(2), pp. 131-142, 2017.
Bhatti, J., Kakkar, M., â€œReliability analysis of cold standby parallel system possessing failure and repair rate under geometric distributionâ€, Recent Advances in Computer Science and Communications, Vol.13(1), 2020.