Main Article Content
In this paper , packaging plastic industrial were prepared with a flexible polymer and an additional weight ratio of nanoZrO2 .The method cast preparation was used in the preparation of samples and mechanical tests were carried out , including tear resistance , hardness, impact , tensile properties and water permeability . It was found that the improvement in mechanical properties increased weight ratio of ZrO2 due to this nano particles of the specification of the high quality mechanical, but the water permeability decreases with the increase weight ratio of ZrO2. Due to ZrO2 filled with polymer , an increase of 46% tear resistance , 14.6% hardness , 8.6% impact resistance , and 162% tensile strength (Ts) , 150 % tensile modulus (Tm) .
Transfer of Copyrights
- In the event of publication of the manuscript entitled [INSERT MANUSCRIPT TITLE AND REF NO.] in the Malaysian Journal of Science, I hereby transfer copyrights of the manuscript title, abstract and contents to the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) for the full legal term of copyright and any renewals thereof throughout the world in any format, and any media for communication.
Conditions of Publication
- I hereby state that this manuscript to be published is an original work, unpublished in any form prior and I have obtained the necessary permission for the reproduction (or am the owner) of any images, illustrations, tables, charts, figures, maps, photographs and other visual materials of whom the copyrights is owned by a third party.
- This manuscript contains no statements that are contradictory to the relevant local and international laws or that infringes on the rights of others.
- I agree to indemnify the Malaysian Journal of Science and the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publisher) in the event of any claims that arise in regards to the above conditions and assume full liability on the published manuscript.
- Reviewers must treat the manuscripts received for reviewing process as confidential. It must not be shown or discussed with others without the authorization from the editor of MJS.
- Reviewers assigned must not have conflicts of interest with respect to the original work, the authors of the article or the research funding.
- Reviewers should judge or evaluate the manuscripts objective as possible. The feedback from the reviewers should be express clearly with supporting arguments.
- If the assigned reviewer considers themselves not able to complete the review of the manuscript, they must communicate with the editor, so that the manuscript could be sent to another suitable reviewer.
Copyright: Rights of the Author(s)
- Effective 2007, it will become the policy of the Malaysian Journal of Science (published by the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya) to obtain copyrights of all manuscripts published. This is to facilitate:
(a) Protection against copyright infringement of the manuscript through copyright breaches or piracy.
(b) Timely handling of reproduction requests from authorized third parties that are addressed directly to the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya.
- As the author, you may publish the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
You may produce copies of your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, for teaching purposes or to be provided, on individual basis, to fellow researchers.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, electronically on a secure network at your affiliated institution, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- You may include the fore-mentioned manuscript, whole or any part thereof, on the World Wide Web, provided acknowledgement regarding copyright notice and reference to first publication in the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers) are given.
- In the event that your manuscript, whole or any part thereof, has been requested to be reproduced, for any purpose or in any form approved by the Malaysian Journal of Science and Faculty of Science, University of Malaya (as the publishers), you will be informed. It is requested that any changes to your contact details (especially e-mail addresses) are made known.
Copyright: Role and responsibility of the Author(s)
- In the event of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science contains materials copyrighted to others prior, it is the responsibility of current author(s) to obtain written permission from the copyright owner or owners.
- This written permission should be submitted with the proof-copy of the manuscript to be published in the Malaysian Journal of Science
Amin, M. R., Chowdhury, M. A., & Kowser, M. A. (2019). Characterization and performance analysis of composite bioplastics synthesized using titanium dioxide nanoparticles with corn starch. Heliyon, 5(8), e02009.
ASTM D1709-98, Standard Test Methods for Impact Resistance of Plastic Film by the Free-Falling Dart Method, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2001, www.astm.org.
ASTM INTERNATIONAL. ASTM D882-12, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting. ASTM International, 2012.â€
Bai, H., Li, Y., Wang, W., Chen, G., Rojas, O. J., Dong, W., & Liu, X. (2015). Interpenetrated polymer networks in composites with poly (vinyl alcohol), micro-and nano-fibrillated cellulose (M/NFC) and polyHEMA to develop packaging materials. Cellulose, 22(6), 3877-3894.
Bastioli, Catia, ed. Handbook of biodegradable polymers. iSmithers Rapra Publishing, 2005.
Bona, A. D., Pecho, O. E., & Alessandretti, R. (2015). Zirconia as a dental biomaterial. Materials, 8(8), 4978-4991.
Canning, S. L., Cunningham, V. J., Ratcliffe, L. P., & Armes, S. P. (2017). Phenyl acrylate is a versatile monomer for the synthesis of acrylic diblock copolymer nano-objects via polymerization-induced self-assembly. Polymer Chemistry, 8(33), 4811-4821.
Ezeoha, S. L., & Ezenwanne, J. N. (2013). Production of biodegradable plastic packaging film from cassava starch. IOSR Journal of Engineering, 3(10), 14-20.
Grigore, M. E. (2017). Methods of recycling, properties and applications of recycled thermoplastic polymers. Recycling, 2(4), 24.
Hameed, H. K., & Rahman, H. A. (2015). The effect of addition nano particle ZrO2 on some properties of autoclave processed heat cure acrylic denture base material. Journal of baghdad college of dentistry, 325(2218), 1-17.
Harunsyah, Sariadi, and Raudah "The effect of clay nanoparticles as reinforcement on mechanical properties of bioplastic base on cassava starch", IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics: Conf. Series 953,1-8 (2018).
Hussein, S. I., Abd-Elnaiem, A. M., Asafa, T. B., & Jaafar, H. I. (2018). Effect of incorporation of conductive fillers on mechanical properties and thermal conductivity of epoxy resin composite. Applied Physics A, 124(7), 475.
Hussein, S. I., Ali, N. A., Saleh, G. M., & Jaffar, H. I. (2019). Effect of Fiber (Glass, Poly Propylene) on Hardness, Water Absorption And Anti-Bacterial Activity of Coating Acrylic Polymer. Iraqi Journal of Science, 1-6.
Karim, A. A., Kader, E. E., Hamod, A. A., & Abdulrahman, A. J. (2018, November). Mechanical properties of a hybrid composite material (epoxy-polysulfide rubber) reinforced with fibres. In IOP Conference Series:
Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 433, No. 1, p. 012050). IOP Publishing.
Singh, S. K., Kumar, A., & Jain, A. (2018, March). Effect of nanoparticles dispersion on viscoelastic properties of epoxyâ€“zirconia polymer nanocomposites. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 330, No. 1, p. 012001). IOP Publishing.
Sun, L., Gibson, R. F., Gordaninejad, F., & Suhr, J. (2009). Energy absorption capability of nanocomposites: a review. Composites Science and Technology, 69(14), 2392-2409.
Å½mak, I., Ä†oriÄ‡, D., MandiÄ‡, V., & Ä†urkoviÄ‡, L. (2020). Hardness and Indentation Fracture Toughness of Slip Cast Alumina and Alumina-Zirconia Ceramics. Materials, 13(1), 122.